Выберите вашу группу:
|Neil Gaiman “Neverwhere” (chapter 1)
1. Describe the conversation between Richard and the old woman outside the pub. Use reported speech.
2. Where was Richard preparing to go and why? What place was he leaving?
3. Translate and use the following words in sentences: successive; burrow; canary; resemblance; grubby; amuse; obvious; quiver; impaled; chuckle; munch; cemetery; jostle; despise; teeming with; vanish; absorb; contradictory; affluent;
4. Take notes on the appearance and characters of Mr. Vandemar and Mr. Croup. Who are they and what are they trying to do?
5. What is Jessica like? What was Richard’s relationship with her like?
6. What problems came up for Richard on Friday?
7. Summarize the chapter in 3-5 sentences.
8. Translate and use the following words in sentences: spear; gasp; pavement; squeamish; wince; complexion; tangled; freebie; nonchalant; eventually; gargoyle; favor; vulnerable
9. What story did Vandemar and Croup tell Richard about Door?
10. How and to whom did Door send a letter? What was the response?
11. Who is the marquis de Carabas, and what does Door want from him?
12. Summarize the chapter in 3-5 sentences.